Highway 325 to stealth camp past Second Mountain

DAY 13
Sunday, April 10
Highway 325 to stealth camp past Second Mountain
13.4 miles


When we met Pastor Jason Stump at Highway 183 this morning at 6:00 it was dark and cold-- probably the coldest morning so far. He drove us down to Highway 325 and we started hiking at 7:00.   It was a pretty easy day with slight inclines, no boulders, and moderate rocks on path through a beautiful forested area with snow on the ground.   When we stopped for a snack, I sat on a rock covered with snow.  Unfortunately the snow melted under me and, although we had covered it with a rain jacket, somehow my pants got wet by the melted snow.  I had to change clothes out in the cold.

We had a hard time finding a level camping spot off the trail but finally did after descending Second Mountain. We were in bed by 6:30.  I had a very vivid dream probably prompted by Wait-up telling me that he had read that part of the trail in this area was an old stagecoach road and us trying to determine all day which part of the trail it might be.  In my dream, a stagecoach came barreling lickety-split down the mountain with the driver waving a whip and shouting at the horses to giddy-up.  The stagecoach was followed by a shackled man walking, some dogs, kids and women, then another stagecoach.  Crazy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment